015.007

But always remember that it's got to come from all of us

. Winner of Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Nominated for Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Meritorious Silver Awardee
. 4th in Annual POL-ITE (Women's Soccer) 2007/2008
. Captained RP Women's Soccer team 2007-2008
. 2nd place in WPL 2007/2008 (Young Women)
. Meritorious Bronze Awardee (Marquee Troupe II Service Learning) 2007





Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Oh don't.

I was reading Sham's blog and then thinking back of what I was talking to Kylie about last night, about sacrificing time for a sport which you have plenty of passion and love for...

It is, so hard for us to divide time now, for family and for our favorite game, soccer and I agree with what Sham and Kylie say, that we are so busy that there is even no time for family and friends, no time to meet up and go out, to have some personal time. Life is never fair and will continue to be unjust and that's the way it is. Training was initially twice a week and now it stands at 3 times a week, including physical fitness training. 3 days out of the 5 days, we are out there training hard, improving and working on our skills and fitness, focusing on our first huge competition, the POL-ITE and all we get is nagging and more nagging when we get back home for a good night of sumptuous dinner and sleep.

Isn't that unfair?

But that's what we do and that's what we get in return. Why do humans always stereotype? Can't girls play soccer? Is soccer only a game for men and boys? Are sports like soccer not also meant for girls as well? Who says girls can't kick soccer and have to only stick to netball, tennis, badminton, ballet and tabletennis? There isn't such a rule at all or infact there is never such a rule and I've never seen it any where in the world.

I've been busy week in and out and I know my parents are not happy with it as well but I don't care because I've already told them that I'm having soccer on 2, 3 and 5 and so they should know that I'll be back late, as per usual like before. Nonetheless, I try to be home earlier than usual but it's hard because we always have so much to talk about when we eat ... and of course, it takes time to consume a mac chicken meal. I just needed to have dinner because there ain't any for me at home. I know my parents are somehow wishing I'd just quit soccer anyway but no, I once again say, I will not.

If only I had parents like Dilys, I would be the happiest person. If only...

Well, It's now time for a good 15minutes rest before UT and then off to physical training...

Marj
xoxox

2:01 PM