015.007

But always remember that it's got to come from all of us

. Winner of Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Nominated for Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Meritorious Silver Awardee
. 4th in Annual POL-ITE (Women's Soccer) 2007/2008
. Captained RP Women's Soccer team 2007-2008
. 2nd place in WPL 2007/2008 (Young Women)
. Meritorious Bronze Awardee (Marquee Troupe II Service Learning) 2007





Monday, October 1, 2007
Well deserved


Played well, focused well and did not let the Hope Solo incident in the past few days distract them. Lopez, Dalmy and Tarpley put on an impressive display and I'm really really proud of these young ladies. Made the cut, played and played impressively. Kristine Lily, in her last World Cup appearance, managed many good runs down the left flank, entertaining us with some good moves before making those crosses, two of which almost went into the net! So so near to scoring another! Wambach had a good game too and had 2 goals. The other 2 was by Lori Chalupny, who got her 2nd goal in 6 matches and O'Reilly who also had her 2nd goal in 6 matches. I just love this team so much so much, they are a great team and they way the played just showed everything.


Great victory for the Germans over Brazil and the most shocking thing was Marta missing the penalty! Indeed, their keeper Angerer deserved Keeper of the tournament award. I'm glad they managed to retain their title, goody.

Lastly,

I THE USA!

Keeping the faith,
Marj

Labels:


8:59 PM