015.007

But always remember that it's got to come from all of us

. Winner of Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Nominated for Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Meritorious Silver Awardee
. 4th in Annual POL-ITE (Women's Soccer) 2007/2008
. Captained RP Women's Soccer team 2007-2008
. 2nd place in WPL 2007/2008 (Young Women)
. Meritorious Bronze Awardee (Marquee Troupe II Service Learning) 2007





Friday, November 16, 2007
Well-deserving

... not a medal but of a punishment.

In both the 30 minutes net ball friendly and the training (both before the friendly),
we showed and carried with us an after-POL-ITE attitude despite winning at 4-3. It isn't about the scoreline, I agree. It's more about content of our play. We weren't focused, we weren't playing it, we weren't serious enough, we weren't pressurizing the opponents, we weren't... and all the other we weren'ts..

We did re-focus in the training in the after that (after the friendly) and it was much better. Of course, one would say that it's better to be focused at all times and with this, I would say that, sometimes we human/s need a flop or a blunder or a backslide to happen to just wake us up and it's true. However, with that being said, we did not plan to act that way tonight but it's because of the big competition being already over. Who would still have the moment or the feel to be focused and be serious after a big competition is over, in which you have worked so hard in months for it? Definitely one wants to feel relaxed and be laid-back slightly or maybe even more. But what's the limit? It's limitless though there's a limit to it. Yes, it is contradicting and it's the same as - "sometimes you have to agree to disagree".

At the end of the day, it's a reflection of the day of how do you think you have performed, in terms of whatever you do. If you think you could have done better, well, then improve on it, if you think you have done well, then good enough and that's good for you. If you think that oh well, it's alright, then well, I would also say that it's good too.

Yes, I agree we are at fault and yes, we did admit our mistake. But to just know that we were at fault and knowing that we will never allow a time for repeating the mistake, it's sufficiently good enough. Afterall, who wants to remember disappointing mistakes? Not me. I just close my eyes and when the next day arrives, I open my eyes and forget about the previous day or the days after the previous day or maybe just forget the bad moments. It has been said many times that we have to be focused no matter what but when time calls for such measures, it happens. I wouldn't blame it on us for acting this way because there is a good rationale and it's natural for things like that to happen.

Well, in this world, there are many things which are airy fairy, there are many things where there is/are no right and wrong (answers), there are many things which are not within our control.

'Nuff said, I need some good sleep and well, before I do so, congrats Mary on the goals today :)

Nights,
Marj

11:38 PM