|
||
|
. Winner of Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Nominated for Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008 . Meritorious Silver Awardee . 4th in Annual POL-ITE (Women's Soccer) 2007/2008 . Captained RP Women's Soccer team 2007-2008 . 2nd place in WPL 2007/2008 (Young Women) . Meritorious Bronze Awardee (Marquee Troupe II Service Learning) 2007 |
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Hong Kong Trip
Hong Kong's quite a pretty place to go, to visit. But if you were to live there, then I think it's kina difficult to survive because everyone's so brand conscious. It's either you're rich or you're poor. There's no middle-class people. The rich are often clothed in branded clothings - Gucci, Fendi, Coach, Luis Vutton, D&G, Yves Saint Lauren, Y-3, to name a few. From head to toe, you see it. Everywhere I go, I see people carrying expensive stuff and whipping out their Nikon and Canon SLRs, snapping away. In the night, the streets are thronged with people, the locals and the foreigns and the atmosphere feels so different as compared to the crowded streets in town of Singapore. It just doesn't feel the same. Everywhere, it's a contrast of the poor and rich. Run down housing built above the neat and sleek shopping malls, beggars without limps or just old people sitting outside neat stores with the containers only filled with 3 coins worth HK3 maybe. There was one beggar I saw, was lying flat down, face down on a piece of cloth or newspaper, hands clutching his container of few cents money, without his 2 legs. He didn't have any legs, it was amputated before the knee. He was chained with a leash-like to his wheelchair behind him. That's, the worst beggar I saw in my 4 days there. Also, when you are in HK, try to avoid banging into people because they will give you a stare or either they do not apologize. Anyway, I shall just move onto the pictures from the trip: Train station and it's route. I have to say that their digital train map is much better than Singapore's. HK people > creative than Singaporeans. I took a video in the train, you will agree with me: I thought this was funny. It says NOW OPEN but the shutters are closed. 3 Level Adidas concept store at Kowloon I think. Streets at night at Kowloon. Buildings by the sea, just outside the open area of World Trade city Shopping mall. Wonderful Christmas decors outside World Trade City Shopping mall.Lakham Place: The outside of the "back" exit of the shopping mall.![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Inside Lakham Place Shopping mall. The 3rd floor had a mini Christmas walkthrough installation built. Really nice and the lights change colors at every 5 seconds interval. ![]() ![]() ![]() The really long escalator to level 6. A must-drop by eatery! Fast food delivery at your table and good food! And another, just nearby our hotel, walking distance.Their Chee Cheong Fun and you tiao chee cheong fun, a must try. The sea with hazy skies alongside Hollywood walk of fame. At a bridge at the end of the walk of the Hollywood Walk of fame.Gota love the Christmas lightings at the building behind. On the last day, we spent the morning till 4pm walking Fa Yuen Street, looking at shoes and Ladies Street, which is just before Fa Yuen Street, seeing what good stuff we can get. But apparently, the stuff at Ladies Street are pretty ridiculous for certain stuff. But when you walk away, the woman will shout and say that she will give you your price. Funny isn't it. They do sell soccer jerseys full kit that are like the real deal too. Both in So that's all from me and to those who celebrate Christmas, it's time to prepare and have a great time of preparation!Later, Marj Labels: Hong Kong, Kowloon, Ladies Street, Mong Kok, Tim Tsa Tsui
6:05 PM
|
|