|
||
|
. Winner of Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Nominated for Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008 . Meritorious Silver Awardee . 4th in Annual POL-ITE (Women's Soccer) 2007/2008 . Captained RP Women's Soccer team 2007-2008 . 2nd place in WPL 2007/2008 (Young Women) . Meritorious Bronze Awardee (Marquee Troupe II Service Learning) 2007 |
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Like mother, like daughter
When people say that I resemble or look more like my mother, I usually just have no response or either I just smile away. But this time, I agree more to than just that smile. In fact, not only do I resemble my mother in terms of appearance but also in terms of certain characters, one of which is getting easily emotional. Earlier on upon leaving the house for my aunt's house, just at the door telling my mom goodbye(my dad fetched me), I could feel that I almost want to cry but didn't. I know, that it's only a mere 4 days trip to a country just only a mere 3-4 hours away but being apart from my parents mean that much to me. Just like in December 2006, when both my mom and brother sent me off at the airport (I was leaving to Thailand for Service Learning Trip and it was my first time traveling alone), I cried when I was about to enter the departure gate. Trust me, I had to use about half a pack of tissue to dry up those tears. Even when I was at my flight's departing gate, I was still crying while sitting there waiting. I just couldn't stop crying, it was that bad. But after about a couple of minutes, I stopped. I told myself (even while sniffing) to stop crying, just stop and...I did! It's hard to be away from your parents, even if it's 4 days. It's all about learning to be independent and knowing how to survive without your parents, which is something...that I am still learning how to. Of course, the only one and the longest time I was without my family was the 1.5 weeks (I connected/reunite with my fellow troupe mates about 3 days into their stay) for my Service Learning Trip. But I guess, it's only for that while that you will cry but after awhile, you will forget about it. Oh well anyway, I should get some good sleep for tomorrow. See ya in HK! Later
10:23 PM
|
|