|
||
|
. Winner of Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Nominated for Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008 . Meritorious Silver Awardee . 4th in Annual POL-ITE (Women's Soccer) 2007/2008 . Captained RP Women's Soccer team 2007-2008 . 2nd place in WPL 2007/2008 (Young Women) . Meritorious Bronze Awardee (Marquee Troupe II Service Learning) 2007 |
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Then suddenly
I know I've said this for the hundredth and fifteen time but I'll just repeat it again - time flies. It feels like it has only been just a month since I graduated but as a matter of fact, it's been 4 months since my graduation and here I am, out in the working world while I await NAFA's next opening application date. As I sit here typing this, the molecules of the burning smell come traveling to my nostrils and I found out that my dad had actually (badly) burned the bun that he had intended to steam initially with our new microwave oven. I don't know how or what the heck did he do but I guess he never read and followed the instructions carefully. Anyway, had a friendly with ITE Simei just yesterday and I was deployed to play as a left-back in the second half which left me stunned because I have always been in the left mid all along or seldom-ly in center mid. Playing in defence was just something unfamiliar to me but nonetheless, I put on my jersey and headed for the field. I made a couple of good clearances and I would say that I took a good free kick (at least the ball went up...) but it went to Aileen instead of Yatie, who I have planned to pass to. Other than that, I'm still playing as an attacking defender because I've been in midfield all along. It's a matter of learning and getting to adapt. Just like our long-term goal, we have to learn how to be versatile. Nonetheless, it always feels good, esp when you had a hard day, to have people who compliment you in one way or another on your performance in the match :) and and...I think I just want to be a happy and single for now.
7:24 PM
|
|