|
||
|
. Winner of Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Nominated for Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008 . Meritorious Silver Awardee . 4th in Annual POL-ITE (Women's Soccer) 2007/2008 . Captained RP Women's Soccer team 2007-2008 . 2nd place in WPL 2007/2008 (Young Women) . Meritorious Bronze Awardee (Marquee Troupe II Service Learning) 2007 |
Thursday, August 7, 2008
It's over, not.
Same like with the other US Women National team followers, I've been shocked that they lost 2 goals to Norway in their opening Olympic match. I had full flight of confidence that they would win it, given that they had won their previous friendlies/games against Norway, beating them 4-0 in the Algarve Cup and 4-0 again on the way to the Olympics. But I have to say, that Norway are indeed a strong team and this time, they did really show that they are strong by upsetting the no. #1 ranked USA. I hear you, Nadia. Definitely not what the team had wanted, to go down 2 goals in the early 4 minutes, definitely not what Pia had wanted to achieve at the end of the match. But surely, this team, with such strong unity and the desire to fight back, will win it in the next game against Japan, who drew a tough fight with New Zealand 2-2. The Olympics indeed had a few shocking opening game news, with Brazil drawing goal-less with 2007 WWC Champions Germany and China winning the Swedes 2-1. I'm hopeful for the US team and they will come back, they will. It's not the end just yet. On the side note, my prediction was on the spot when I picked Canada to win Argentina and Kara Lang scored the winning 2nd goal for Canada! Labels: Olympics 2008 women's soccer group stages
8:52 AM
|
|