|
||
|
. Winner of Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Nominated for Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008 . Meritorious Silver Awardee . 4th in Annual POL-ITE (Women's Soccer) 2007/2008 . Captained RP Women's Soccer team 2007-2008 . 2nd place in WPL 2007/2008 (Young Women) . Meritorious Bronze Awardee (Marquee Troupe II Service Learning) 2007 |
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Body of Lies
As those pair of eyes try to steal a peek into what I was starring at on my iTouch, I felt so unsafe, so insecure. I watched 2 hours of Body of Lies over a span of 3 days while on the public transport over the 3 days to kill time and also to kill my curiosity over this movie since the day I saw the e-poster on the internet which led to me to the trailer and then to the movie. Then I thought it would be a thrilling action crime filled movie, somewhat similar to that of this robbery-crime movie which movie title I can't remember. As I watched minutes of the movies, I came to realized that it's all about an american whose on a mission to capture a terrorist who is suspected of operating out of Jordan, with Arabic language involved. So much of the foul word was repeatedly said by Roger Ferris (acted byLeonardo Dicaprio), maybe about 25-30 in the 2 hours. The only gore comes towards 10 minutes from the end where the last 2 fingers of his right hand was whacked off by a hammer by those terrorist and yes, they showed what's left. So I was wrong about the whole movie and yes, it definitely did bore me including the dutch subtitles. ( Don't ask me why) I'm thankful for English being the universal language. This movie indeed was a Body of Lies...(which is why it's titled Body of Lies). I'm not going to be a spoiler anymore. I never understood why would a movie about the americans trying to capture a terrorist just when the war between US and Iraq wasn't enough? I'm not being morbid here but yea, if you understand. So anyway! Christmas was great, so was Christmas eve. There's still another 6 more days to the end of Christmas so the festive mood is still on with the inclusion of the last day of the 2008! The resolutions for the year 2009 (and this is not a body of lies): 1) To work on fitness and 2) gain back my abs 3) Work 200% hard. 4) Apply for NAFA and get a degree 5) Go on a holiday (definitely not msia or nearby)! 6) Rid off clothes that I do not wear and have them donated to Salvation Army 7) Read more books and complete unread books 8) Travel to Old Trafford and meet Rafael (da Silva), Ando and CRonaldo (okay maybe this will go into 2010's resolution ha ha ha) With that, my lil' nephew, Nathan and I would like to wish all Christians (and if you're still celebrating within the 12 days) a Merry Christmas and don't watch Body of Lies! Don't say you've never been warned! Oh and Bedtime Stories was a jolly good show! "Geek is the new handsome!" Always be prepared, Marjory
9:11 PM
|
|