|
||
|
. Winner of Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Nominated for Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008 . Meritorious Silver Awardee . 4th in Annual POL-ITE (Women's Soccer) 2007/2008 . Captained RP Women's Soccer team 2007-2008 . 2nd place in WPL 2007/2008 (Young Women) . Meritorious Bronze Awardee (Marquee Troupe II Service Learning) 2007 |
Thursday, January 22, 2009
The day in history
Barack Obama, the 44th President of the United States of America and the first african-american president to be sworned in. I was looking out for his inauguration speech, flipping main channels that I thought could most probably show but never seemed to appear in those channels. I slept the night away and watched some part of it the following morning via CNN.com'live'. There isn't anyway I could really just keep that page on because of work but nonetheless, audio was good enough. Even better, was reading the entire 2,403 word long inauguration speech via various websites. Details is always good, especially when it's about the world's leader's newly elected President. I'm very positive and confident about Mr Obama being the new President. He promised many things and indeed, "America, we can." He promised new jobs to be created, the poor to become rich, the flourish and enrich the villagers' poor farms and keep the country as safe as he can. I am sure that 95% of the Americans or maybe, all, would be most glad to have their fathers, sons and brothers and uncles or even mothers, sisters and aunts be returning home from Iraq. Plenty of lives have been lost, both innocent and those who sacrificed their lives for the country on the frontline. It's time, for Iraq and Afghanistan to have their hard-earned peace. There were people/professors who doubt Mr Obama's speech as it wasn't as as good as the speech he gave during the race to Presidency. But nevermind that, like what one of them said - "What matters now is action". My favorite part of the speech - "Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America." I hope for a better America which would also do good for nations alike worldwide. It's really good to be reading about politics and what the world leader has in plan for his nation and for the world. For the first time, I'm reading everything about what plans Obama has for the United States and how the world is going to change and I'm looking forward to all that. Yes, America can, they can. Always be prepared, Marj
10:16 PM
|
|