015.007

But always remember that it's got to come from all of us

. Winner of Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Nominated for Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Meritorious Silver Awardee
. 4th in Annual POL-ITE (Women's Soccer) 2007/2008
. Captained RP Women's Soccer team 2007-2008
. 2nd place in WPL 2007/2008 (Young Women)
. Meritorious Bronze Awardee (Marquee Troupe II Service Learning) 2007





Saturday, March 14, 2009
Not because, but because

The US lost out to the Sweds on penalty kicks in the 2009 Algarve Cup. Megan Rapinoe and Angie Woznuk got their shots into the gloves of the keeper. But that being said, they did well going so far into the tournament, with more than a couple of youngsters in the team(Rapinoe, Woznuk, Kacey White, DiMartino & Kendall Fletcher). Well done Team USA. All I can really say is that, you need luck for penalty kicks. I'm pretty sure I put up the above header a couple of days a year back since they were crowned the Algarve Cup 2008 title. So whoa, it's been yet another great year and it's good to see the youngsters performing well and gaining some experience on international levels.

Soccer aside. You know when people say that a person's character can be told through the actions displayed in a sport, I couldn't agree less. If you'd want to know how a person is like, you don't have to go through the need to say hellos and exchange speeches of words but just through one action - observe. (Read: not trace the person's steps home)

I always think of men as humans who are egoistic and people who would never have the phrase "I'm sorry, it was my fault/mistake" in their dictionary BUT I'm wrong. I came to realize that there is a certain percentage of women who are also egoistic. Surely there are humans who are high achievers and would never ever want to write the word "mission not accomplished" in their task list, even if they never did accomplish the respective/particular task. Even with a knife to the neck, those 3 words wouldn't be written down.

Of course, there are people who do dislike or hate egoistic-oriented people but I don't see how you can change that person, really. It's just the way the individual is, so...I guess...that is how it goes. Unless that person is willing to change.

It's getting late as I type this so, that's all I have to share for now.

What about dying after winning a pancake eating contest?

Till then,
Mucho gracias.

Always be prepared,
Marj

12:36 AM