015.007

But always remember that it's got to come from all of us

. Winner of Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Nominated for Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Meritorious Silver Awardee
. 4th in Annual POL-ITE (Women's Soccer) 2007/2008
. Captained RP Women's Soccer team 2007-2008
. 2nd place in WPL 2007/2008 (Young Women)
. Meritorious Bronze Awardee (Marquee Troupe II Service Learning) 2007





Saturday, March 28, 2009
Take the chance

In life, you win some and you lose some. You do not win everything. One cannot afford to be greedy.

Anyway, it feels really good when your family comes down to watch your games/matches. I have to say that I am really happy about them having come down to watch my team pit up against a team younger than us. I always have been hoping that they'd support me in my sports life. So I just tried asking them to just come down to watch. I do not ask for them to come down every week to watch the matches/games but if they could come down for 2/3 of the 6 matches/games, I am more than thankful for that. While at game, I was hoping that I'd catch a glimpse of them walking towards the field but unfortunately not until my phone rang, then did I knew that they were indeed coming. I thank them for doing so and I hope that they'd continue to be supportive of me.

Apart from that, I am glad that I have finally break through a tough week. I really appreciate having friend/s who would be happy for you when you get into that game and I, in turn really yearn for the same friend/s to be called into the game as well at any time. Yes, it is hard when the bench ends up getting warmed by you but no matter what, you have to keep fighting because you would not know when opportunity comes knocking at your door. Never be disheartened.

Just like what the coach said, "You have to be patient." Patience is indeed a virtue and really, if you want it, fight for it, show and proof your worth and do not hurry. I would not deny that I have lost patience before and almost lost everything but what matters most is overcoming that and learning to move on.

To Iffa, I really am thankful for a friend like you and I am sure you will be able to overcome what I have already overcome :)

Keep fighting,
Marj

11:04 PM