015.007

But always remember that it's got to come from all of us

. Winner of Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Nominated for Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Meritorious Silver Awardee
. 4th in Annual POL-ITE (Women's Soccer) 2007/2008
. Captained RP Women's Soccer team 2007-2008
. 2nd place in WPL 2007/2008 (Young Women)
. Meritorious Bronze Awardee (Marquee Troupe II Service Learning) 2007





Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Fighting on

I was in good spirits until the pain on my feet made the change. Then, it became a battle with pain.

I didn't give up and stopped there but instead I fought on with the pain while trying to complete the 5 rounds. Many a times I stop to adjust my support arch in the shoe, thinking that could be the cause of the problem. I wasn't going to let anything get in my way nor slap me down to road defeat. As the minutes ticked away on the timer, I continued my mission of completing the rounds, despite the many halts I had to make. The pain was unbearable though not so excruciating till I could scream a thousand metres away. But I had to make those stops before anything gets worst. Even if it meant being the last, I still have to complete the rounds. If everyone can do it and have made it, I should do the same. I wasn't going to drop out just like that. I tried taking my mind off the pain but it was a tough nut to crack. A little spray did help my both feet feel at ease and I'm glad it did.

I got frustrated at the many times that I stopped because it meant hindering my mission and it also meant that the digits on the stopwatch would increase in value. I was worried but I didn't give up. Eventually, I completed the rounds at a failed timing, knowing that this could cost me playing minutes. However, I feel great inside me upon completing the run despite the tough obstacle faced. That was defnitely a feat of accomplishment with a tough battle involved.

I look forward to every training session, like how little kids look forward to receiving their rewards for behaving well. But what really annoys me is when I have to fight an obstacle that occurs suddenly, just like the one I fought with while running. Every training session is an opportunity for all players to redeem themselves, to show what they are made of and I, was determined. I knew that I had to put in extra effort, to do well for any kinds of drills, set pieces play, runs, you name it. I get upset when I know that my performance isn't good or up to par. That would mean having to work extra harder and putting in double the extra effort. This, I tried and sometimes it bear fruits sometimes not. I hate to be on a losing end but that is how it is, when you have to fight for a spot in a sport. You got to really push on and keep fighting. It's either you stay up or give up and staying up means your still interested in giving a go at it.

Being in a sport is this tough but you cannot afford to give up at any moment. You have to perservre till the end. I do not deny being on the edge of quitting this sport and picking something else to focus on. However, I stayed on and fight till this day, where I'm still in a constant battle with pain, competition and come what may.

These few training sessions have been tough but I really want to keep going and prove my point and myself, as a player. I'm staying up, I am...with prayer, faith and commitment and the support from the family and friends...

Keep fighting,
Marj

Posted with LifeCast

12:15 AM