|
||
|
. Winner of Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Nominated for Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008 . Meritorious Silver Awardee . 4th in Annual POL-ITE (Women's Soccer) 2007/2008 . Captained RP Women's Soccer team 2007-2008 . 2nd place in WPL 2007/2008 (Young Women) . Meritorious Bronze Awardee (Marquee Troupe II Service Learning) 2007 |
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
For awhile, it died
When you work so hard towards a goal that you've set, only to know that that goal have been stretched further for you to reach is 1) demoralizing and 2) disheartening. It's news like that that sometimes kills one but sometimes, we got to learn and take it in our stride and accept the fact. Of course, it is easier said than done. Not everyone is able to do the same and move on. There are bound to be people who feel different, people who feel that it should be the other way. Each and every higher authority or management have their own way of doing and running things and deciding how choices are to be made. There isn't really much that one can say about the final decision but to only respect that decision. Sometimes, we just have to agree to disagree, as much as we want our feelings to be known. I was looking forward to it so much but only to know that I wasn't part of the plan. There's nothing that I can do but to just know that, perhaps somewhere sometime maybe, there would be something that I could or would be part of. It's a long way ahead and all I will do is to keep working on what I can do and to get better in time and show what I'm more capable of as compared to now. I hate to be in the same situation time and again. It gets very tiring and at some point of time it becomes a routine. To give up is to show that you're no longer keen and that isn't what I set out to achieve. I want to get better, improve and just prove naysayers wrong. I'm never about allowing others to feel that I'm less capable on the field, never. Sometimes it isn't only about passion but also about putting your heart into it. The journey ahead is a long and winding road and only time will tell just how long more before I reach the finishing line. It isn't the end yet and I've not stopped. For awhile I was lost and didn't know how to react but now, fighting for my chance is what I'm focused on doing. I'll try and keep trying, till I succeed. Keep fighting, Marj
12:06 AM
|
|