015.007

But always remember that it's got to come from all of us

. Winner of Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Nominated for Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Meritorious Silver Awardee
. 4th in Annual POL-ITE (Women's Soccer) 2007/2008
. Captained RP Women's Soccer team 2007-2008
. 2nd place in WPL 2007/2008 (Young Women)
. Meritorious Bronze Awardee (Marquee Troupe II Service Learning) 2007





Friday, August 21, 2009
Great getaway

The whole retreat was more exciting and energizing than what I thought it would be. All activities made up for the uncomfortable sleepless night.I never thought I'd be able to just make the jump off into the calm quarry below so quickly and furthermore, I managed to do it on the 2nd time without any hesitation. With full confidence and lesser fear on the 2nd try, I took the step forward and tried to take a big leap and the next 2-3 seconds, I was there afloat on the fresh water, enjoying every single second of it. I sure was slightly afraid on the first jump but I knew that I had to overcome that and that the shorter time I took, the faster it'll be done and over with. In addition, I had nothing to lose, especially when you're out in the sun for so long.

The whole retreat took my mind off many heavy things and made me realize that there's so much more for me to enjoy and get focused on. If you'd ask me, I would tell you that I enjoyed the water activities the most followed by the massive and multiple shining stars at night, apart from the cooking competition. I never wanted to leave the waters and wish I could just lie there forever, keeping a relax mind and not having to think about anything else. But the thought of not being allowed to pee in the quarry is kina worrying.

I definitely had plenty of takeaways from this whole getaway and they are sure a great addition to my learning book, something that I'll never ever forget and will always continue to be learning.

Keep Fighting,
Marjory

8:14 PM