015.007

But always remember that it's got to come from all of us

. Winner of Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Nominated for Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Meritorious Silver Awardee
. 4th in Annual POL-ITE (Women's Soccer) 2007/2008
. Captained RP Women's Soccer team 2007-2008
. 2nd place in WPL 2007/2008 (Young Women)
. Meritorious Bronze Awardee (Marquee Troupe II Service Learning) 2007





Tuesday, November 3, 2009
The Last of it

In just 3 hours from now, I will be celebrating the biggest event in my life. Say goodbye to getting parents to endorse forms, getting permission to go anywhere, curfews, etc. I can finally make my own decision/s!

I can't believe I'm turning another year older and this time, I really meant OLDER. I'm past the teens, past the youth and now here I am, at this age where I am considered a real Adult, though maybe to some, I look like a teen who carries a bag and some books in her hands and goes to school in the same attire daily at 7.15am. As much as I hate it when people think I'm not my age, I feel good inside, to know that I can afford to cheat my way and pay lesser for transport or even when buying entrance or movie tickets. Haha..

Well, it's time that I get wiser for sure as I get another year older. At this time, I really aspire to do many things. In fact, back then before I hit 20, I aspired to start up a restaurant but never really gotten round to do it. I started out writing down what would the restaurant be named and what I would sell but that was it. I then thought of setting up my own academy but I've never worked on getting my coaching certificates. So, pretty much, I've never continued where I left off. I blame it on 1) Laziness and 2) Hectic schedule. Work had been crazy as per usual and it's so hard to even set aside that short 5 minutes to escape from the screens to do some leisure reading and catch up with the world. At the end of the day, I just want to get a good 10 hours of sleep to be fully ready and charged up for the next day. Such is the life-cycle of work.

I hope the weather would really co-operate and not make people pop their umbrellas or have to cover their heads with what they're carrying in their hands on celebration day. I hope the Sun will be out shining brightly, making the streets thronged with people who look like they're blind without their sticks. Just kidding, don't mean to be mean. I really really hope the rain won't pour.

I got my first surprise today and it was a balloon with the 'Happy Birthday!!!" in the form of a party hat delivered and nothing could be better to make the day better with such a horrid weather. If not for Maya, there wouldn't be that sweet balloon :)

Indeed, the last few hours before I can do anything legally(or legally do more things) and enjoy life as it presents itself...and tomorrow when I step into the office, I'm officially 21 years old.

Keep Fighting,
Marj

8:52 PM