015.007

But always remember that it's got to come from all of us

. Winner of Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Nominated for Female Captain of the Year Award 2007/2008
. Meritorious Silver Awardee
. 4th in Annual POL-ITE (Women's Soccer) 2007/2008
. Captained RP Women's Soccer team 2007-2008
. 2nd place in WPL 2007/2008 (Young Women)
. Meritorious Bronze Awardee (Marquee Troupe II Service Learning) 2007





Friday, February 5, 2010
So far, so far

I hardly have a book in my hand or rather, I seldom hold a book to read unless it carries an attractive face and an interesting story to tell.

As my eyes read through the story, suddenly everything felt so familiar. It was as if I've tasted it before. 14 years on and I vividly still remember the day you left for where you're currently residing, living a life far different from where I'm currently residing. I remember the last moment you'd say your last words before entering the departure hall. As we gazed into each other's tears-filled eyes, embracing in the arms of each other, tears rolled down our cheeks as we bid our final goodbye. I couldn't believe that you were really leaving and I never ever wished that you'd have to go. It was hard when we told each other not to cry because we both knew that we would miss each other a whole lot. We being so young, knew that everything just mattered way too much.

I love those letters that pop up in my letterbox once in a while since the day you left and those letters never fail to make me happy or smile. Even till this day, I still keep with me your very first letter to me, with a picture of the earth and a rocket shooting towards the sky ending the letter.

As the years go by, all those letters begin to slowly not show in my letterbox. I was pretty upset and always waited and was hopeful for your letter however, it never showed. I was told that your address was never fixed and so I thought, writing to you through the modern technologies available was the best way out. Perhaps, the machine was the fastest way to connect people together. I'm always happy to hear from you and everyone at home. At least, I know that we'd still communicate, somehow.

I've always wished that we could have a conversation that goes on forever but given that you'd live in my day time and I'd live in your night time, that wasn't possible. Even so if it was, it'd meant that you were up in the middle of the night while I was still living in the early morning of the working hours. It was never possible. Plus, with the miles and the years that kept us apart, there wasn't anything much in common we could talk about except to just catch up on each of our life and how we're going by.

I've always had one wish about you and that was to see you in person. The one wish that I've held since day one. I can't believe we've or rather, I, have been this far and I'm still hanging onto my wish. "When will I get to see you?", was the question that never left me.

I don't think of you every single day since day one but in my heart, I do. I don't know if I'll have to wait till the 15th/16th/17th year to see you. One thing is for sure is that I do want to see you and if I could press the backspace button to rewind everything, I'd hope that you'd never have to leave.

I hope that soon enough, I'll get to see you because I know, you're the one that I've been missing all this time.

Picture perfect memories scattered all around the floor
Reachin' for the phone cause I can't fight it anymore
And I wonder if I ever crossed your mind
For me it happens all the time
- Lady Antebellum


Keep Fighting,
Marj

5:12 PM